Alaska Tours recognizes that all businesses are responsible for protecting and preserving the environment, especially tourism businesses operating in the unique natural wilderness of Alaska. We are committed to finding ways to promote sustainability and any negative impacts on our natural resources in the state of Alaska.
At Alaska Tours:
- We value and remain attentive to care for the environment and to recognize Alaska’s culture and unique quality of life.
- We seek partners who practice keeping Alaska pristine and use local companies who invest in our unique ecosystems’ long-term health whenever possible.
- And, in support of being a business committed to environmental and cultural sustainability, it is our policy to:
- Recycle as much waste as possible, including mixed paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminum, and tin cans.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, w send invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
- Recycling equipment that is no longer of use to the company includes retired computers, monitors, and printers.
- Keep energy usage low using Alaska’s natural summer daylight to keep lights off whenever possible and change to low-energy light bulbs throughout the office.
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) by using the blank side for notes.
- Purchase paper products made with recycled paper, including printer paper, available in Alaska.
- Purchase and use products with a lower environmental impact, such as hand soaps and cleaning products.
- Avoid unnecessary travel via instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone, and email.
- The transition from printed paper to electronic documents and service vouchers to reduce and eliminate paper waste.