Paris, France. Florence, Italy. Alaska? When you think of romantic getaways, Alaska might not spring to mind immediately. But there is nowhere more magical to celebrate an anniversary, honeymoon, a special birthday, or a first trip together. Alaska is for all lovers of all ages and interests.
With an Alaska twist, you can celebrate love by booking a room and dinner at some of the state’s most romantic resting spots and restaurants. Here are a few suggestions that you and your partner will surely love:
- Dinner at the Crow’s Nest on top of the Captain Cook Hotel overlooking the Chugach Mountains and Cook Inlet
- Dinner at Seven Glaciers on top of Mt. Alyeska, overlooking the quiet skiing hamlet of Girdwood, Cook Inlet, and the Chugach Mountains
- Dinner at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge near Talkeetna offers an unmatched view of Denali.
- Dinner at LaVelle’s in downtown Fairbanks which only looks out at a parking lot … but across the street is a perfect perch above the Chena River where you can hold hands as you admire the midnight sun in the summer and the northern lights in the winter
If you want to make your partner swoon, book a stay at one of Alaska’s secluded and spectacular frontier lodges.
- At Tutka Bay Wilderness Lodge, accessible only by water taxi or float plane, you can enjoy fantastic food and outdoor adventures galore … or a great glass of wine and a million-dollar view of Kachemak Bay.
- At Kenai Fjords Glacier Lodge, only accessible by scenic boat ride and the only lodge inside Kenai Fjords National Park, you can hike, kayak, paddle in a Viking canoe and be surrounded by amazing scenery.
- At Glacier Bays Bear Track Inn, your space is framed by mountains and glaciers and highlighted by glacier and wildlife viewing.
What’s not to love about a rare romantic journey to Alaska? Dive on into your options.
Header photo courtesy JodyO.Photos/Visit Anchorage