Wildlife viewing is among the most popular activities in Alaska. From whale watching for orcas or humpbacks to brown bear viewing and Alaska birding tours, your friends and family will delight in meeting Alaska animals of all shapes and sizes.
Learn about Alaska’s “big five,” their habits and habitats, and their hunting and feeding behaviors, and then grab your camera or video and photograph away. Take a cruise to view seacoast and marine wildlife at home in Alaska’s many fjords and bays. With abundant animals in all regions of the state, your ticket to mind-blowing Alaska wildlife viewing is simply choosing what you want to see and book a day tour or overnight adventures.
You can also visit many educational centers throughout the state to learn more about Alaska wildlife:
- The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center (Anchorage)
- The Kodiak Brown Bear Center (Kodiak)
- The Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center (Homer)
- The Murie Science and Learning Center (Denali National Park)
- The Alaska Raptor Center (Sitka)
- The American Bald Eagle Foundation (Haines)