Tour begins only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays
* Children 11 years and under who are sharing a room with at least 2 adults with the existing bedding. Maximum of 4 people per room.
Our Standard Program Includes:
2 and 3 star hotel accommodations.
The program will include a combination of hotels or motels that are considered moderate to standard tourist class. Please be aware not all hotels have shuttle services.
Standard train car seating on all rail services (reserved seats).
If you would like to book the standard program but with upgraded rail seating, the option and surcharge will be listed when you save to your cart.
Our Upgraded Program Includes:
* 3 and 4 star hotels (best available) wherever possible.
The program will include standard rooms at this category of hotel where possible. Alaska has very limited hotel choices in remote areas and small towns. The properties will typically offer a wider range of services such as a full-service restaurant, room service and perhaps a pool or spa facilities. Please be aware the upgraded accommodations in downtown Anchorage do not have hotel shuttle services. Many of the upgraded hotels also offer guaranteed view rooms for additional cost. If you would like a specific room type, in addition to the upgraded program, please ask us about availability and cost difference.
Deluxe dome train car seating between Anchorage, Denali and Fairbanks, or Anchorage and Seward.
All journeys between Anchorage and Whittier are in standard seating as deluxe dome cars are not available on that route.
Program is available to book for 1 or 2 people. For larger parties or families with children, please contact us for pricing and availability.
To complete this reservation we will need for each person: Full name including middle name(s), gender, issuing country of passport or state of US driver's license, passport or US driver's license number, date of birth and body weight(s).
- Please note, this tour includes independent travel on Days 1 - 5 and Days 9 - 10. You will have a guided small group tour on Days 6 - 8.
- Itinerary Day 6 - 8: Depending on your departure day or availability, you may also first travel the Dalton Highway from Fairbanks to Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay, then fly back to Fairbanks.
- Flight between Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay and Fairbanks (as well as Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay and Barrow) is in a smaller plane such as a Navajo.
- Luggage restriction: For the guided program from Day 6-8 guests are limited to one bag per person with maximum weight of 10-15 pounds. Additional luggage can be stored in Fairbanks.
- Accommodations: overnight accommodations for the guided program from Day 6-7 consist of very basic, clean rooms that are extremely rustic by urban standards. Rooms do NOT have private bathrooms. Toilets and shower stall facilities are located down the hall.
- Program with visit of Prudhoe Bay /Deadhorse: This program option includes a guided oil field tour on Day 6.
- Program with visit of Barrow: This program option does not include any sightseeing of Prudhoe Bay/the oil field tour. Instead you will be exploring Barrow. You will fly Fairbanks - Deadhorse - Barrow and enjoy approx. 3 hour sightseeing tour in Barrow, then fly back to Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay in same day.