Visit Alaska to discover the beauty and magic of winter on an 8 day “Ultimate Alaska Winter Wonderland” vacation including experiencing the Northern Lights and Alaska’s famous sled dog race – the Iditarod!
This unique journey from Fairbanks includes Northern Lights viewing in Alaska’s Interior region and riding the Alaska Railroad south from Healy/Denali to Anchorage. Scenic touring along Turnagain Arm by bus and a visit to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center will get you up close to Alaska’s wildlife in the winter including moose, bison and more. Learn about the Iditarod Sled Dog Race from an Iditarod musher during a special kennel visit prior to witnessing the start of the “Last Great Race” where you will be surrounded by fabulous four-legged athletes known as sled dogs before they hit the trail to Nome.
- 7 nights accommodation with baggage handling
- Local and knowledgeable guide throughout tour
- Deluxe full size motor coach transportation
- 2 Northern Lights viewing tours
- Fairbanks sightseeing tour including Morris Thompson Cultural Center
- Alaska Railroad journey from Denali to Anchorage
- Iditarod Musher's Banquet event
- Admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center & Anchorage Museum
- Anchorage sightseeing tour
- Martin Buser kennel tour
- 7 breakfasts (B), 1 boxed lunch (BL), 1 dinner (D)
- All applicable taxes and fees
What's Not Included
Meals other than mentioned, beverages during meals, and gratuity.